A coordinator meet was organized and conducted from March 12-14, 2018 at PGSS – Gorakhpur. This meeting is organized half yearly to share and assess the ongoing project activities. Coordinators and animators from 12 DSSS participated in this meeting.
– Video presentation of work activities by participants
– Observation sharing of monitoring visit of 12 DSSS
– Visit to District Hospital – Khushi Nagar to learn on Rastriya Kishori Swasthya Karyakaram (RSKS)
– Field visit to Nav Yuva Manda, Chooti Jamaniya. The field visit enhanced the opportunity on organizing youth (boys and girls) meeting and how they can be clubbed together for a social cause.
Brief report on Coordinator’s Meet
Number of Participants: 11
UKSVK members: 4
UKSVK organized two days coordinator’s meet on 13-14 September 2018 at RCDSSS, Ajmer. 11 coordinator of partnership diocese of UKSVK were present. Coordinator meet’s purpose was to evaluate the activities of the SAKHI project and to discuss about their future plan. Each diocese coordinator presented the report for the period of 11 months achievements, challenges and their future plans were as follows:-
Progress Report of 11 months:-
All the 12 DSSS centers accomplished the objectives of the SAKHI. Adolescents’ girls where made aware about the draw backs of child marriage and its consequence in their future. To eradicate the gender discrimination in the society boys are sensitized through behavior modification. Adolescent girls are vocationally trained for this target period. Building networking with ANM, AWW & ASHA, the adolescent girls are receiving sanitary pads, iron tablest, TT vaccination & Blood Testing in collaboration with department of health. Through the exposure visit they build the understanding about the government departments and their detailed functioning as well as their implication in the practicality. Ag’s where aware about changes taking place in their body through the activity “knowing our body”.
Room for improvement/Suggestions by UKSVK:-
Keeping the above observations of this meeting Fr. Antony facilitated to all the coordinators the underlined recommendation:
- Coordinators must spend 15-20 days in field. His/her visit must be physically verified.
- All the activities of SAKHI should be conducted in all the target villages.
- The documentation of the participants list must be filled by the Ag’s themselves with their name, signature, address and telephone numbers.
- Reduce refreshment in project activities, rather the amount can be utilized for IEC/study material.
- Innovativeness should be adopted in implementing the activities, to keep the adolescent involved in the project.
- Hand crafted items by the adolescent can be promoted as a gift given to the resource person.
- Coordinator & animators must build a relationship between the adolescent, their parents, and government authorities as well as with local govt. authorities for smooth functioning of the project & its visibility.
- Coordinators must have a valid relationship with the other NGOs working in the same target areas for more effective operations.
Date: March 01-02, 2019
A two days coordinator’s meet was organized by UKSVK on March 01 – 02, 2019 at Kotdwar, Bijnor in which 11 coordinators of partner organisation were present. The purpose of the meet was to evaluate the lights and shades of the on-going process, outputs delivered, way forward and document verification for future assistance.
The session began with a prayer followed by lighting of the lamp by Fr. Pious-Director KSSS, Fr. Anthony-Executive Director UKSVK, Coordinator’s –Sr. Lucy, Ms. Rajni & Mr. Manohar Lal Saini. Fr. Pious welcomed all the participants and encouraged them to take active involvement in the meeting.
There after Fr. Antony took over the session and shared the objective of Coordinators meet. He also shared that an external evaluation of SAKHI is proposed in the third year. He urged that all documents and records must be in lined with the proposed activities.
Group work activity:
For the group work activity the coordinators were made into 6 groups as follows:-
- Agra and Meerut
- Allahabad and Dausa
- Ajmer and Jhansi
- Bijnor and Lucknow
- Bareilly and Varanasi
- Gorakhpur and Banswara
The task given for them was to form indicators for project activities. This group were further divided into 2 units and were stated to develop a questionnaire which will assist as a tool for knowing the AGs knowledge about the activities implemented in the target villages so far.
Session on Building and other Construction Worker Act (BOCW)
As SAKHI is being implemented in rural villages; the means of earning is either farming or labour work. Keeping all in accordance with these issue, UKSVK conducted a session on “Building and other Construction Worker Act” (BOCW) with Mr. Abhay Singh from GSVS, Ajmer. He explained about the BOCW’s benefit, eligibility criteria, and requirements for filling the forms as well as the departments to avail these schemes. The coordinators asked the issues that they face while dealing with the scheme. Resource person cleared all the queries through various examples.
Fr. Antony thanked Fr. Pious for all the logistic support for smooth functioning of the meet. He further facilitated the coordinators for their hard work and wished all success in their future endeavours.