Uttar Kshetriya Samaj Vikas Kendra (UKSVK) – is an association of 12 Diocesan Social Service Societies (DSSS). It is a mandated organization of the Regional Bishops Councils of Agra Ecclesiastical region. The Directors of the respective Social Service Societies and the Woman representatives of the DSSS form its General/ Governing body.
Need of UKSVK emerges from common needs such as Capacity Building, Learning from Other’s Experiences & Presenting a Common Image.
Capacity Building evolves understanding on development issues ( for poor and marginalized).
Learning from other’s experiences makes people to share and experience.
Presenting a common image makes organization bigger, united and more visible.
How it functions?
It functions through Secretariat.
Secretariat is an office established by UKSVK members to serve them to carry out various tasks on their behalf.
As a Secretariat, staff works for UKSVK and for its members.
Within the Secretariat, staff is accountable to the Executive Secretary/Director. There is an oath of the office especially for the accountant and secretary.
The Rationale of UKSVK
– Identifying issues at regional level – having a broader vision
– Share experiences and learn from each other
– To give support to dioceses in terms of capacity building, Research Documentation, Participatory Evaluation & Educational Materials.
– Emerge as a force in the region for collective effort wherever required – for policy advocacy and for greater visibility
– Make available info and resources, providing, supporting participatory evaluation.